Monday, March 23, 2009

Checking my Pulse

My LLMD is trying something called "pulsing" with my new anti-biotic therapy . I am a couple days on - one day off, with the theory being give the Borrelia & Co. a chance to come out of hiding little by little and pick them off that way. Otherwise , after being on anti-biotics for so long the buggers get wise and see you as 'hostile territory and encyst or hide in your tissues ( harder to target with meds. ) until the coast is clear.
That is why a lot of Lymie's feel good on meds and once off start to go downhill again.
So , the idea is no abx for a few days - then you beef up on Magnesium , which they feed on and hope that they want to play hide and seek and then BLAM ! your meds can do their job , destroying them more efficiently. It works for some people and since i was at a standstill with lots of bad stuff going on we are trying it.
Today is an 'off' day and after a day of feeling very few symptoms - they are back in FULL force. I have been extremely fatigued since noon and my lower extremities are tingly and cold. Both eyes are doing the cha-cha today and i have joint pain in my hands and shoulders . My neck is stiff and i am spacey and irritable.
I think it is working ;(~
- though it is really too early to tell - i have only been on this new protocol since Friday but i had a great day Saturday and Sunday while i was taking my new anti-bios and supplements. I have to journal daily and keep track of any changes and at the end of the month we will know more.
I still have a lot of tests out there and still some unanswered questions so it is far from 'set' but i am looking for any sign that SOMETHING is working . I need to know that there is a light at the end of this
very long , very dark tunnel .
I think i see a spark of light off in the distance but it could just be my optical neuritis getting the best of me. It's hard to tell when you have LD . It comes and goes.
Just like my mood these days.
i remain optimistic , regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment